ProPublica Media Kit
ProPublica Advertising Acceptability Policy
ProPublica began accepting advertising, and offering sponsorships of its emails, in 2011.
In connection with those moves, we have developed the following advertising acceptability guidelines.
First, ProPublica reserves the right to accept or decline any advertisement or sponsorship it is offered.
ProPublica will decline to accept advertising that it knows or believes to be misleading, inaccurate, fraudulent or illegal, or that fails to comply, in ProPublica’s sole discretion, with its standards of decency, taste or dignity.
ProPublica, like all quality publishers of original journalism, maintains a clear separation between news and advertising content. Advertising that attempts to blur this distinction in a manner that, in ProPublica’s sole judgment, confuses readers will be rejected.
Safeguard the public interest.
Support ProPublica’s award-winning investigative journalism.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism