$40.3 Million in Bank Bailouts Heads to the South
Three banks in neighboring Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana received a total of $40.3 million as part of Treasury’s program to help "healthy banks." The $17.3 million for Little Rock’s OneFinancial is officially earmarked as part of Treasury’s month-old effort to expand bailout funds to small banks.
First Trust Corporation - $18 million
OneFinancial Corporation - $17.3 million
Covenant Financial Corporation - $5 million
The new infusion is dwarfed by the $68 billion that will soon return to Treasury’s coffers after yesterday’s announcement that ten large banks were approved to repay TARP.
As big banks return their TARP money, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac continue to be a drain.
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- MIA In The War On Cancer: Where Are The Low-Cost Treatments?
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going