$40.3 Million in Bank Bailouts Heads to the South
Three banks in neighboring Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana received a total of $40.3 million as part of Treasury’s program to help "healthy banks." The $17.3 million for Little Rock’s OneFinancial is officially earmarked as part of Treasury’s month-old effort to expand bailout funds to small banks.
First Trust Corporation - $18 million
OneFinancial Corporation - $17.3 million
Covenant Financial Corporation - $5 million
The new infusion is dwarfed by the $68 billion that will soon return to Treasury’s coffers after yesterday’s announcement that ten large banks were approved to repay TARP.
As big banks return their TARP money, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac continue to be a drain.
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Coming Monday: Revamped Podcast Launches With Guest Jim Dwyer
- Rocky Mountain High or Reefer Madness? Legal Pot in Colorado Comes with Risks
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Labor Department Intervenes on Behalf of Hearst Interns
- Brooklyn Man Walks Out of Court, Cleared of Murder After 24 Years in Prison
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups