An Easier Way to Donate to ProPublica: Via Twitter
Help support journalism in the public interest.
Now, there's an even easier way for you to donate to ProPublica: via Twitter.
Starting Wednesday, you'll be able to send donations via Chirpify, an e-commerce platform that allows you to buy, sell or donate over Twitter. It's sort of like wiring money, and there are two ways to do it.
1. Send us a direct donation by tweeting "Donate $15 to @ProPublica to help support journalism in the public interest." You choose how much to give. (If you want to contribute $1000 to support journalism in the public interest, that’s cool with us.)
2. Keep an eye out for a tweet from us that says "Help support journalism in the public interest. Reply "donate" to give $AMOUNT via @Chirpify." Reply "donate," and you’ll automatically wire us whatever the set dollar amount is.
Either way, to participate, you need to register with Chirpify and link it to a PayPal account. The former draws from the latter to make your transactions secure. And the whole set-up takes less than 5 minutes.
Click here to sign up for a Chirpify account, and keep an eye out Wednesday for tweets announcing that our fundraiser is live.
This is an experiment, so we're curious — what do you think of donating via Twitter? Will you use it? Sound off in the comments.
Donations like yours help make our journalism possible. Thank you for your support!
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- Government Will Withhold One-Third of the Records from Database of Physician Payments
- What to Look For In Dueling Autopsies of Michael Brown
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- Q&A: The Hidden Costs of Tobacco Debt
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter