An Exchange About California’s Redistricting Process
An exchange between ProPublica and the California Redistricting Commission.
In December 2011 we published a story about Democrats in Congress influencing the activities of the California Citizens Redistricting Commission. Last month, we received an email from one of the commissioners regarding our story. Follow these links to read the exchange, which includes Commissioner Vincent Barabba's original email, our response and his subsequent correspondence.
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- How the Labor Department Has Let Companies Off the Hook for Unpaid Internships
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- MIA In The War On Cancer: Where Are The Low-Cost Treatments?
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups