An Exchange About California’s Redistricting Process
An exchange between ProPublica and the California Redistricting Commission.
In December 2011 we published a story about Democrats in Congress influencing the activities of the California Citizens Redistricting Commission. Last month, we received an email from one of the commissioners regarding our story. Follow these links to read the exchange, which includes Commissioner Vincent Barabba's original email, our response and his subsequent correspondence.
Our Hottest Stories
- In Desegregation Case, Judge Blasts School Officials and Justice Department
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange