An Exchange About California’s Redistricting Process
An exchange between ProPublica and the California Redistricting Commission.
In December 2011 we published a story about Democrats in Congress influencing the activities of the California Citizens Redistricting Commission. Last month, we received an email from one of the commissioners regarding our story. Follow these links to read the exchange, which includes Commissioner Vincent Barabba's original email, our response and his subsequent correspondence.
Our Hottest Stories
- How Wall Street Tobacco Deals Left States With Billions in Toxic Debt
- Q&A: What Can U.S. Health Care Learn from the Ebola Outbreak?
- Report: Drillers Illegally Using Diesel Fuel to Frack
- Leaked Docs Show Spyware Used to Snoop on U.S. Computers
- Government Will Withhold One-Third of the Records from Database of Physician Payments
- What to Look For In Dueling Autopsies of Michael Brown
- Illinois Suspends Medical License of Leading Prescriber of Antipsychotic Drugs
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- Q&A: The Hidden Costs of Tobacco Debt
- Pro-Troop Charity Shoots Back