VIDEO: An Insider’s Look at Confessed Terrorist David Coleman Headley
This report is part of a ProPublica and PBS FRONTLINE investigation.
ProPublica's Sebastian Rotella has spent almost a year reporting on the role that David Coleman Headley, a Pakistani-American businessman, played in the 2008 Mumbai attacks. On May 23, Rotella was in the Chicago courtroom when Headley, who has confessed to doing reconnaissance for the attacks, took the stand as the star witness against his boyhood friend Tahawwur Rana, who is accused of supporting Headley's activities. In two short videos produced by Tom Jennings for PBS Frontline, Rotella talks about Headley's demeanor on the stand and his relationship with his family and friends, as well as his terrorist activity. "You get a sense of someone who has lived very intensely and is sort of taking stock of the wreckage of his life," Rotella says.
For more, see PBS FRONTLINE's "Trial Testimony Reveals Mindset of Confessed Mumbai Terrorist."
The Mumbai terror attacks have revealed evidence of the extent of the ties of Pakistani intelligence to terrorist groups and the flaws in the U.S fight against Pakistan-based terror.
Latest Stories in this Project
- Terror Group Recruits From Pakistan’s 'Best and Brightest'
- Four Disturbing Questions About the Mumbai Terror Attack
- Judge Gives American 35 Years for Plotting Deadly Mumbai Terror Attack
- The American Behind India’s 9/11 -- And How U.S. Botched Chances to Stop Him
- Support for Mumbai Terror Group Lands Chicagoan 14-Year Prison Term
Our Hottest Stories
- In Desegregation Case, Judge Blasts School Officials and Justice Department
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma