Ask Kim Barker Anything About Campaign Finance (a Reddit Chat)
ProPublica reporter Kim Barker will be your guide to all things campaign finance this Thursday on Reddit from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
ProPublica reporter Kim Barker will be your guide to all things campaign finance this Thursday, Aug. 23, on Reddit from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Kim has been delving into the world of dark money during the 2012 campaign, documenting how nonprofit groups are outspending candidates and super PACs on political advertising — without having to disclose their donors. What impact are these contributions having on the campaign? Why don’t nonprofits have to disclose their donors? Is Citizens United the reason for this influx of outside money?
She’ll be hanging out in Reddit’s IAmA forum to answer these and any other burning questions you may have. To follow the chat, just head to Reddit Thursday at 11 a.m. To ask a question, click “register” in the upper-right hand corner of the page.
Before joining ProPublica, Kim was the Edward R. Murrow Press Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York, where she studied and wrote about U.S. policy in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Read Kim’s reporting here.
ProPublica is following the money and exploring campaign issues in the 2012 election you won't read about elsewhere.
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- In Desegregation Case, Judge Blasts School Officials and Justice Department
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- Why Are Obstetricians Among the Top Billers for Group Psychotherapy in Illinois?
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma