Check Out Failed Banks List
The financial crisis has contributed to the failure of scores of banks this year. We’ve put together a handy chart of the fallen banks, the federal agency that provided oversight to each one, and the major public enforcement that occurred against each bank prior to its collapse. It’s all easily sortable state, date, or even regulatory agency. We’ll be updating the chart weekly, because judging by the current trend, they’ll be plenty of banks to add to the list.
As big banks return their TARP money, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac continue to be a drain.
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Rocky Mountain High or Reefer Madness? Legal Pot in Colorado Comes with Risks
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- How the Labor Department Has Let Companies Off the Hook for Unpaid Internships
- Brooklyn Man Walks Out of Court, Cleared of Murder After 24 Years in Prison