Check Out Failed Banks List
The financial crisis has contributed to the failure of scores of banks this year. We’ve put together a handy chart of the fallen banks, the federal agency that provided oversight to each one, and the major public enforcement that occurred against each bank prior to its collapse. It’s all easily sortable state, date, or even regulatory agency. We’ll be updating the chart weekly, because judging by the current trend, they’ll be plenty of banks to add to the list.
As big banks return their TARP money, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac continue to be a drain.
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Campus Sexual Assault: What Are Colleges Doing Wrong?
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange