Excerpts of Video Depositions in the Case Against Joseph Caramadre
The life insurance industry tried to make variable annuities irresistible to investors and was enraged when a Rhode Island lawyer exploited the fine print for his own profit.
As the U.S. government prepared its case against that Rhode Island attorney, Joseph Caramadre, the prosecution persuaded a judge to allow it to take depositions of dying participants, including Charles Buckman and Robert Mizzoni, even though no charges had been filed at the time.
Watch excerpts from their depositions below.
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- MIA In The War On Cancer: Where Are The Low-Cost Treatments?
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups