Worked with disabled borrowers with student debt?
Help us think through challenges faced by disabled borrowers with outstanding student loans. Borrowers with federal student loans are entitled to discharge these loans if they become “permanently and totally disabled.” Most private loans do not permit disabled borrowers to discharge their loans. You don’t need first-hand experience counseling disabled borrowers to help us. We’re looking for any insights you’ve had that may shed light on their experiences, and on other issues confronting disabled borrowers with student loans.
Our collaborative reporting initiative that connects readers with our reporters to produce stories in the public interest.
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- What to Look For In Dueling Autopsies of Michael Brown
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- Q&A: The Hidden Costs of Tobacco Debt
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter
- More Data to Be Withheld from Database of Physician Payments