ProPublica Staffers Discuss Their Latest Projects
Earlier today Tracy Weber appeared on KQED’s Forum to discuss her (and co-reporter Charlie Ornstein’s) investigation this week with the Los Angeles Times into lax oversight at the California Board of Registered Nursing. Weber and Ornstein’s devastating expose led Gov. Schwarzenegger to replace most of the members of the board and to the eventual resignation of Ruth Ann Terry, the executive officer of the board. The full roundtable discussion can be heard here on KQED.org .
And on Monday, our editor of distributed reporting, Amanda Michel, will appear on The Takeaway to talk about the stimulus project. Michel is leading the ProPublica Reporting Network’s “Adopt A Stimulus Project” where citizen journalists track how money from the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act is being spent in their local areas. Michel will discuss what they’ve found so far and what they’ll be tracking next. The program can be heard on WNYC Radio and online.
Our Hottest Stories
- In Desegregation Case, Judge Blasts School Officials and Justice Department
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- U.S. Taxpayers Are Subsidizing Defense of Alleged Killers of Palestinian Teen
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Why Are Obstetricians Among the Top Billers for Group Psychotherapy in Illinois?
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Fanny Pack Mixup Unravels Massive Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- New York State to Pay Millions in Wrongful Conviction Case