ProPublica Stories Cited by Scripps Howard Foundation
Two ProPublica reporting projects were finalists for the Scripps Howard Foundation National Journalism Award. Abrahm Lustgarten and Joaquin Sapien were finalists for the Foundation’s Edward J. Meeman Environmental Reporting prize for their coverage of the dangers of drilling for natural gas. And Charles Ornstein and Tracy Weber were finalists for the Roy Howard Public Service Reporting prize for their work on the failures of the California Board of Registered Nursing to properly discipline dangerous nurses.
All of the winners and finalists can be viewed here. Congratulations to all of those honored!
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- How the Labor Department Has Let Companies Off the Hook for Unpaid Internships
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- MIA In The War On Cancer: Where Are The Low-Cost Treatments?
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups