Sac Bee’s New Database Maps Local Stimulus Projects
The Sacremento Bee has taken on the imposing task of mapping out the stimulus, project by project in the counties surrounding California's capital city. The Sacremento Area Council of Governments is meeting Thursday to consider a few more; the Bee will update the local project database as new projects come to light - and if current ones get scrapped from the wish list. Check them out here.
The database pinpoints $118 million in transportation projects, for now. The Federal Business Opportunities Web site is already listing over 260 projects up for bid around the country, and the state agencies we've tracked have suggested many, many more.
Officials have struggled to spend the nearly $800 billion stimulus package quickly and effectively.
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- Q&A: What Can U.S. Health Care Learn from the Ebola Outbreak?
- Report: Drillers Illegally Using Diesel Fuel to Frack
- Leaked Docs Show Spyware Used to Snoop on U.S. Computers
- Government Will Withhold One-Third of the Records from Database of Physician Payments
- What to Look For In Dueling Autopsies of Michael Brown
- Illinois Suspends Medical License of Leading Prescriber of Antipsychotic Drugs
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- Q&A: The Hidden Costs of Tobacco Debt
- Pro-Troop Charity Shoots Back
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements