Sac Bee’s New Database Maps Local Stimulus Projects
The Sacremento Bee has taken on the imposing task of mapping out the stimulus, project by project in the counties surrounding California's capital city. The Sacremento Area Council of Governments is meeting Thursday to consider a few more; the Bee will update the local project database as new projects come to light - and if current ones get scrapped from the wish list. Check them out here.
The database pinpoints $118 million in transportation projects, for now. The Federal Business Opportunities Web site is already listing over 260 projects up for bid around the country, and the state agencies we've tracked have suggested many, many more.
Officials have struggled to spend the nearly $800 billion stimulus package quickly and effectively.
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Rocky Mountain High or Reefer Madness? Legal Pot in Colorado Comes with Risks
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- How the Labor Department Has Let Companies Off the Hook for Unpaid Internships
- Brooklyn Man Walks Out of Court, Cleared of Murder After 24 Years in Prison