Sac Bee’s New Database Maps Local Stimulus Projects
The Sacremento Bee has taken on the imposing task of mapping out the stimulus, project by project in the counties surrounding California's capital city. The Sacremento Area Council of Governments is meeting Thursday to consider a few more; the Bee will update the local project database as new projects come to light - and if current ones get scrapped from the wish list. Check them out here.
The database pinpoints $118 million in transportation projects, for now. The Federal Business Opportunities Web site is already listing over 260 projects up for bid around the country, and the state agencies we've tracked have suggested many, many more.
Officials have struggled to spend the nearly $800 billion stimulus package quickly and effectively.
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- In Desegregation Case, Judge Blasts School Officials and Justice Department
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange