Scandal Watch Update: Palin, Kilpatrick Jump In
There are two new additions to Scandal Watch today.
First, after a weekend of intense coverage following John McCain’s pick of Gov. Sarah Palin as his VP, the allegations surrounding Palin’s dismissal of Alaska’s top cop makes the list. Here’s our backgrounder on the “Troopergate” allegations. Also, we’re tracking the ongoing coverage around the Web.
Second, we’ve added Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick’s ongoing saga. Tomorrow, Kilpatrick will face his first day of reckoning when the governor holds a hearing on whether he should be booted from office. Even if he survives, Kilpatrick still has two criminal trials on the horizon.
Also, following some reader questions about the feature, we’ve recently refined our methodology for choosing which scandals make the list. First on our checklist: Is there a clearly identifiable alleged act of wrongdoing by a person with power?
As always, you can keep track of these and other scandals down on the right side of the page, and don’t forget to check back on Friday to catch our weekly roundup of the major developments.
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- MIA In The War On Cancer: Where Are The Low-Cost Treatments?
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups