Seven More States Unveil Stimulus Transparency Web Sites
We added seven states' recovery Web sites to our growing list of fiscal transparency and stimulus tracking efforts.
Like the sites we corralled earlier, most are works in progress. A few, however, preview features that look pretty promising. Pennsylvania, one of the additions, breaks stimulus benefits down by county in an interactive map. The state plans to list specific projects that way, too.
As always, if you dig up any more state transparency sites, please let us know.
The additions are: Alabama, Nebraska, New Jersey, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Wyoming, and Vermont.
Officials have struggled to spend the nearly $800 billion stimulus package quickly and effectively.
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- More Data to Be Withheld from Database of Physician Payments
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter