Struggling to Pay Off Student Loans Because a Disability Prevents You From Working?
Your experiences and insights about dealing with student debt while living with a disability will help ProPublica reporter Sasha Chavkin to investigate the challenges confronting borrowers who become disabled. He is examining the difficulties that borrowers face in proving that they are unable to work and getting forgiveness for their student loans. Any insight or feedback you provide is much appreciated. Information you provide may be shared with other Public Insight Newsrooms exploring this subject at a later date.
Our collaborative reporting initiative that connects readers with our reporters to produce stories in the public interest.
Our Hottest Stories
- In Desegregation Case, Judge Blasts School Officials and Justice Department
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma