Struggling to Pay Off Student Loans Because a Disability Prevents You From Working?
Your experiences and insights about dealing with student debt while living with a disability will help ProPublica reporter Sasha Chavkin to investigate the challenges confronting borrowers who become disabled. He is examining the difficulties that borrowers face in proving that they are unable to work and getting forgiveness for their student loans. Any insight or feedback you provide is much appreciated. Information you provide may be shared with other Public Insight Newsrooms exploring this subject at a later date.
Our collaborative reporting initiative that connects readers with our reporters to produce stories in the public interest.
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Rocky Mountain High or Reefer Madness? Legal Pot in Colorado Comes with Risks
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- How the Labor Department Has Let Companies Off the Hook for Unpaid Internships
- Brooklyn Man Walks Out of Court, Cleared of Murder After 24 Years in Prison