Struggling to Pay Off Student Loans Because a Disability Prevents You From Working?
Your experiences and insights about dealing with student debt while living with a disability will help ProPublica reporter Sasha Chavkin to investigate the challenges confronting borrowers who become disabled. He is examining the difficulties that borrowers face in proving that they are unable to work and getting forgiveness for their student loans. Any insight or feedback you provide is much appreciated. Information you provide may be shared with other Public Insight Newsrooms exploring this subject at a later date.
Our collaborative reporting initiative that connects readers with our reporters to produce stories in the public interest.
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- What to Look For In Dueling Autopsies of Michael Brown
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- Q&A: The Hidden Costs of Tobacco Debt
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter
- More Data to Be Withheld from Database of Physician Payments