Support ProPublica’s Reporting Into the New Year
As the year comes to a close, we hope you'll support our efforts to hold the powerful to account by making a tax-deductible contribution to ProPublica.
During the year just ending we produced important coverage of subjects ranging from dark money in politics to threats to our drinking water from unregulated injection wells, from racial discrimination and the failures of federal housing policy to the search for justice after a massacre in Guatemala, and from systemic flaws in foreclosure relief efforts to the looming crisis in student loans.
In each of these areas, ProPublica told important stories no one else would, or could. And we did so with an eye to impact, to spurring reform—the kind of reform that results in fewer dangerous scanners in airports, tougher oversight of the federal program protecting wild horses, and a possible overhaul of the system for awarding presidential pardons.
That is the kind of journalism your support makes possible. To do even more of it in 2013, to continue to push for accountability and transparency, to effect even greater change, we need your help. If you've made your year-end contribution already, thank you. Otherwise, please click here to join us in this work. Thank you.
Our Hottest Stories
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Campus Sexual Assault: What Are Colleges Doing Wrong?
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Insta-Loophole: In Florida, High-Cost Lender Skirts the Law