Treasury Doles out $395 Million More
Another week, another couple hundred million. According to information released today (pdf), the Treasury Department invested $395 million in 28 more banks on Friday.
That brings us to 473 different financial institutions to get a piece of the bailout. See our running tally of each and every bank (and auto and insurance company, etc.) here.
As big banks return their TARP money, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac continue to be a drain.
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- In Desegregation Case, Judge Blasts School Officials and Justice Department
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- U.S. Taxpayers Are Subsidizing Defense of Alleged Killers of Palestinian Teen
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Why Are Obstetricians Among the Top Billers for Group Psychotherapy in Illinois?
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Fanny Pack Mixup Unravels Massive Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma