Treasury Doles out $395 Million More
Another week, another couple hundred million. According to information released today (pdf), the Treasury Department invested $395 million in 28 more banks on Friday.
That brings us to 473 different financial institutions to get a piece of the bailout. See our running tally of each and every bank (and auto and insurance company, etc.) here.
As big banks return their TARP money, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac continue to be a drain.
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Rocky Mountain High or Reefer Madness? Legal Pot in Colorado Comes with Risks
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- How the Labor Department Has Let Companies Off the Hook for Unpaid Internships
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- Labor Department Intervenes on Behalf of Hearst Interns