Watch ProPublica’s Steve Engelberg on PBS’s Need To Know
On this weekend's Need To Know, ProPublica managing editor Steve Engelberg talks with hostess Alison Stewart about BP's "other" disaster. The pair discuss various incidents at BP's Texas City refinery, including a 2005 blast that killed 15 people and the April 2010 release of more than a half million pounds of toxic chemicals into the air. Stewart and Engelberg also talk about how a photographer was briefly detained by local police, who in turn gave his information to a BP security guard.
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- MIA In The War On Cancer: Where Are The Low-Cost Treatments?
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups