Watch ProPublica’s Steve Engelberg on PBS’s Need To Know
On this weekend's Need To Know, ProPublica managing editor Steve Engelberg talks with hostess Alison Stewart about BP's "other" disaster. The pair discuss various incidents at BP's Texas City refinery, including a 2005 blast that killed 15 people and the April 2010 release of more than a half million pounds of toxic chemicals into the air. Stewart and Engelberg also talk about how a photographer was briefly detained by local police, who in turn gave his information to a BP security guard.
Our Hottest Stories
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Campus Sexual Assault: What Are Colleges Doing Wrong?
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer