Loan Mod Reporting Matchmaker Project Works for PBS’s NewsHour
As part of our loan mod Reporting Matchmaker Project, ProPublica connected PBS’s NewsHour with a family to discuss their 17-month ordeal applying for a loan modification. The interview will air tonight on PBS’s NewsHour. Check local listings.
Journalists, it is not too late to join the Reporting Matchmaker network. When you do, ProPublica will connect you with local homeowners struggling to get mortgage modifications. A quick look at the Reporting Matchmaker map shows whether there is currently a match in your area. And be sure to read all of ProPublica's reporting about the loan modification program.
Homeowners tell us your story
Are you a homeowner who's struggling to pay your mortgage? Are you seeking a loan modification through the government program? If so, tell us your story.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica and Obsidian HDS, the Developer of PharmaShine, to Cooperate on Dollars for Docs Data
- Cezary Podkul of Reuters to Cover Finance for ProPublica
- ProPublica Presents Student Photos on Resegregation of Schools
- David Sleight to Join ProPublica as Design Director
- ProPublica Hires New York Times Reporter Ginger Thompson
- ProPublica Hires Reporters Ryan Gabrielson and Heather Vogell
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.
Our Hottest Stories
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- Campus Sexual Assault: What Are Colleges Doing Wrong?
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- Lobbyists Bidding to Block Government Regs Set Sights on Secretive White House Office
- Insta-Loophole: In Florida, High-Cost Lender Skirts the Law