Loan Mod Reporting Matchmaker Project Works for PBS’s NewsHour
As part of our loan mod Reporting Matchmaker Project, ProPublica connected PBS’s NewsHour with a family to discuss their 17-month ordeal applying for a loan modification. The interview will air tonight on PBS’s NewsHour. Check local listings.
Journalists, it is not too late to join the Reporting Matchmaker network. When you do, ProPublica will connect you with local homeowners struggling to get mortgage modifications. A quick look at the Reporting Matchmaker map shows whether there is currently a match in your area. And be sure to read all of ProPublica's reporting about the loan modification program.
Homeowners tell us your story
Are you a homeowner who's struggling to pay your mortgage? Are you seeking a loan modification through the government program? If so, tell us your story.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Hires New York Times Reporter Ginger Thompson
- ProPublica Hires Reporters Ryan Gabrielson and Heather Vogell
- ProPublica Hires Senior Reporter to Investigate Privacy Issues
- ProPublica Files Motion to Release Court Rulings Authorizing NSA Phone Surveillance
- Nicole Collins Bronzan Named As ProPublica’s New Director of Communications
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- MIA In The War On Cancer: Where Are The Low-Cost Treatments?
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups