Loan Mod Reporting Matchmaker Project Works for PBS’s NewsHour
As part of our loan mod Reporting Matchmaker Project, ProPublica connected PBS’s NewsHour with a family to discuss their 17-month ordeal applying for a loan modification. The interview will air tonight on PBS’s NewsHour. Check local listings.
Journalists, it is not too late to join the Reporting Matchmaker network. When you do, ProPublica will connect you with local homeowners struggling to get mortgage modifications. A quick look at the Reporting Matchmaker map shows whether there is currently a match in your area. And be sure to read all of ProPublica's reporting about the loan modification program.
Homeowners tell us your story
Are you a homeowner who's struggling to pay your mortgage? Are you seeking a loan modification through the government program? If so, tell us your story.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- WDET’s Terry Parris Jr. to Become ProPublica’s New Community Editor
- ProPublica, the Lens Launch Multimedia Project on Coastal Loss in Louisiana
- ProPublica Hires Seattle Times’s Hannah Birch as Web Producer
- Robert Faturechi of LA Times to Cover Campaign Finance for ProPublica
- ProPublica and Obsidian HDS, the Developer of PharmaShine, to Cooperate on Dollars for Docs Data
- Cezary Podkul of Reuters to Cover Finance for ProPublica
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.