ProPublica Redistricting Series Wins Honorable Mention
The Toner Prize for Excellence in Political Reporting has awarded ProPublica's Olga Pierce, Jeff Larson and Lois Beckett an honorable mention for their investigative series on redistricting. The reporters took a close look at how powerful interests were manipulating the process, particularly in California, where the Democratic party set out to surreptitiously influence the lines that were drawn. This is the second consecutive year ProPublica has been honored by the Toner judges for fact-based reporting.
"With a combination of computer mapping and shoe-leather reporting, the ProPublica team of reporters draw a clear and alarming picture of how powerful forces shape voting districts in states across the country," the judges write.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica, New York Times to Host Talk on Role of Data in Reporting on Race
- Topher Sanders to Cover Racial Inequality for ProPublica
- Slate’s Alec MacGillis to Cover Politics for ProPublica
- Editing Veteran Larry Roberts to Join ProPublica
- ProPublica Hires Jennifer Stahl as Research Editor
- WDET’s Terry Parris Jr. to Become ProPublica’s New Community Editor
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.