The Latest Issue of ProPublica’s Magazine Is Out
The December issue of the ProPublica magazine is out. Called “Big Checks, No Balances,” it includes the best of our political coverage over the last two years. From congressmen jetting off to exotic locales to nonprofits spending millions from anonymous donors on campaign activities, the issue reveals how modern politics really works. It also includes our award-winning investigation into redistricting.
For our subscribers, the issue is available in the Newsstand on your iPad or iPhone. Not a subscriber? Download our magazine app from the Apple store.
ProPublica: The Magazine is a free monthly digital publication delivered right to your iPad or iPhone. Each month we curate some of our best stories around a theme -- from short reads to deep-dive investigations to data-driven interactives. You can see the stories that make up this and past issues here.
As always, we’d love to hear what you think of this issue and our magazine. So please, don’t be shy.
And if you haven’t already, we hope you'll download our app and subscribe to the get this latest edition.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Hires New York Times Reporter Ginger Thompson
- ProPublica Hires Reporters Ryan Gabrielson and Heather Vogell
- ProPublica Hires Senior Reporter to Investigate Privacy Issues
- ProPublica Files Motion to Release Court Rulings Authorizing NSA Phone Surveillance
- Nicole Collins Bronzan Named As ProPublica’s New Director of Communications
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- How the Labor Department Has Let Companies Off the Hook for Unpaid Internships
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups
- Medicaid Programs Drowning in Backlog