The Latest Issue of ProPublica’s Magazine Is Out
The December issue of the ProPublica magazine is out. Called “Big Checks, No Balances,” it includes the best of our political coverage over the last two years. From congressmen jetting off to exotic locales to nonprofits spending millions from anonymous donors on campaign activities, the issue reveals how modern politics really works. It also includes our award-winning investigation into redistricting.
For our subscribers, the issue is available in the Newsstand on your iPad or iPhone. Not a subscriber? Download our magazine app from the Apple store.
ProPublica: The Magazine is a free monthly digital publication delivered right to your iPad or iPhone. Each month we curate some of our best stories around a theme -- from short reads to deep-dive investigations to data-driven interactives. You can see the stories that make up this and past issues here.
As always, we’d love to hear what you think of this issue and our magazine. So please, don’t be shy.
And if you haven’t already, we hope you'll download our app and subscribe to the get this latest edition.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica and Obsidian HDS, the Developer of PharmaShine, to Cooperate on Dollars for Docs Data
- Cezary Podkul of Reuters to Cover Finance for ProPublica
- ProPublica Presents Student Photos on Resegregation of Schools
- David Sleight to Join ProPublica as Design Director
- ProPublica Hires New York Times Reporter Ginger Thompson
- ProPublica Hires Reporters Ryan Gabrielson and Heather Vogell
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.
Our Hottest Stories
- In Desegregation Case, Judge Blasts School Officials and Justice Department
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- U.S. Taxpayers Are Subsidizing Defense of Alleged Killers of Palestinian Teen
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Why Are Obstetricians Among the Top Billers for Group Psychotherapy in Illinois?
- Fanny Pack Mixup Unravels Massive Medicare Fraud Scheme
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- New York State to Pay Millions in Wrongful Conviction Case