VIDEO: ProPublica Finance Panel
Last week, ProPublica and NYU's Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute hosted a discussion on the 2008 financial crisis and how, if at all, it impacted our panel of top Wall Street journalists – both their outlook and their work.
You can watch the full footage from the event below.
The Financial Crisis as Conversion Experience
Did Wall Street Journalists Change Their Views?
Jesse Eisinger, ProPublica
Chrystia Freeland, Reuters
James B. Stewart, New York Times
Megan McArdle, Newsweek/Daily Beast
Felix Salmon, Reuters
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Hires New York Times Reporter Ginger Thompson
- ProPublica Hires Reporters Ryan Gabrielson and Heather Vogell
- ProPublica Hires Senior Reporter to Investigate Privacy Issues
- ProPublica Files Motion to Release Court Rulings Authorizing NSA Phone Surveillance
- Nicole Collins Bronzan Named As ProPublica’s New Director of Communications
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- How the Labor Department Has Let Companies Off the Hook for Unpaid Internships
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- MIA In The War On Cancer: Where Are The Low-Cost Treatments?
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups