Livingston Award for Young Journalists Finalists
ProPublica’s Joaquin Sapien and Ryan Knutson were finalists for the Livingston Award for Young Journalists. Sapien was recognized for his coverage of drywall and Knutson for his reporting on the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Safeguard the public interest.
Support ProPublica’s award-winning investigative journalism.
Latest Episode: Universities have become increasingly strategic about how they use their financial aid, but who they’re awarding money to and for what remains unclear. Marian Wang and Eric Umansky discuss the information imbalance at the center of the admissions and financial-aid process.
Learn About ProPublica
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism