Photo of the Day: A Chocolatey, Soupy Mess
As Gulf Coast residents await the results of the "top kill" attempt, the oil gushing from BP's underwater well continues to wreak havoc on the coastline. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal toured the devastation off of Plaquemines Parish Wednesday. His profile is reflected in the chocolatey, soupy mess.
Check out our slideshow of photos from the Gulf oil spill, which we update daily.
The BP oil disaster in the Gulf has had untold health, economic and environmental effects.
Latest Posts on this Topic
Our Hottest Stories
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Coming Monday: Revamped Podcast Launches With Guest Jim Dwyer
- Rocky Mountain High or Reefer Madness? Legal Pot in Colorado Comes with Risks
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Brooklyn Man Walks Out of Court, Cleared of Murder After 24 Years in Prison
- Labor Department Intervenes on Behalf of Hearst Interns
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups