Photo of the Day: Oil-Stained Pelicans
On Tuesday, we showed you what the oil spill looks like onshore. Today, our photo shows how it looks on a pelican. According to the Deepwater Horizon Response, 333 birds have been found dead, and 44 have been found alive but oiled as of Tuesday.
Check out our slideshow of photos from the Gulf oil spill, which we update daily.
The BP oil disaster in the Gulf has had untold health, economic and environmental effects.
Latest Posts on this Topic
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- More Data to Be Withheld from Database of Physician Payments
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter