Photo of the Day: Oil-Stained Turtles
Today's image of the day shows one of four turtles rescued Tuesday by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries off the coast of Grand Isle, La. Once in the research lab, biologists cleaned the turtles and prepared them to be taken to the Louisiana Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Rescue Program at the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans.
Check out our slideshow of photos from the Gulf oil spill, which we update daily.
The BP oil disaster in the Gulf has had untold health, economic and environmental effects.
Latest Posts on this Topic
Our Hottest Stories
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- Campus Sexual Assault: What Are Colleges Doing Wrong?
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- Lobbyists Bidding to Block Government Regs Set Sights on Secretive White House Office
- Insta-Loophole: In Florida, High-Cost Lender Skirts the Law