Photo of the Day: Oil-Stained Turtles
Today's image of the day shows one of four turtles rescued Tuesday by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries off the coast of Grand Isle, La. Once in the research lab, biologists cleaned the turtles and prepared them to be taken to the Louisiana Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Rescue Program at the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans.
Check out our slideshow of photos from the Gulf oil spill, which we update daily.
The BP oil disaster in the Gulf has had untold health, economic and environmental effects.
Latest Posts on this Topic
Our Hottest Stories
- How Wall Street Tobacco Deals Left States With Billions in Toxic Debt
- Q&A: What Can U.S. Health Care Learn from the Ebola Outbreak?
- Report: Drillers Illegally Using Diesel Fuel to Frack
- Leaked Docs Show Spyware Used to Snoop on U.S. Computers
- Government Will Withhold One-Third of the Records from Database of Physician Payments
- What to Look For In Dueling Autopsies of Michael Brown
- Illinois Suspends Medical License of Leading Prescriber of Antipsychotic Drugs
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- Q&A: The Hidden Costs of Tobacco Debt
- Pro-Troop Charity Shoots Back