Photo of the Day: Oil-Stained Turtles
Today's image of the day shows one of four turtles rescued Tuesday by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries off the coast of Grand Isle, La. Once in the research lab, biologists cleaned the turtles and prepared them to be taken to the Louisiana Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Rescue Program at the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans.
Check out our slideshow of photos from the Gulf oil spill, which we update daily.
The BP oil disaster in the Gulf has had untold health, economic and environmental effects.
Latest Posts on this Topic
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- What to Look For In Dueling Autopsies of Michael Brown
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- Q&A: The Hidden Costs of Tobacco Debt
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter
- More Data to Be Withheld from Database of Physician Payments