Photo of the Day: Oil-Stained Turtles
Today's image of the day shows one of four turtles rescued Tuesday by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries off the coast of Grand Isle, La. Once in the research lab, biologists cleaned the turtles and prepared them to be taken to the Louisiana Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Rescue Program at the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans.
Check out our slideshow of photos from the Gulf oil spill, which we update daily.
The BP oil disaster in the Gulf has had untold health, economic and environmental effects.
Latest Posts on this Topic
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- MIA In The War On Cancer: Where Are The Low-Cost Treatments?
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going