Photo of the Day: Pelicans Drenched in Oil
The oil spill’s onslaught on wildlife continues. While Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal toured the state’s sand boom project in East Grand Terre, several pelicans drenched in oil came ashore. Altogether 15 pelicans and four sea gulls were rescued Thursday by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.
Check out our slideshow of photos from the Gulf oil spill, which we update daily.
The BP oil disaster in the Gulf has had untold health, economic and environmental effects.
Latest Posts on this Topic
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- More Data to Be Withheld from Database of Physician Payments
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter