Drive-by Scanning: Officials Expand Use and Dose of Radiation for Security Screening
From prisons to borders to the streets of New York, law enforcement officials are using X-ray scanners on people more often and with higher doses of radiation.
In an effort to detect explosives hidden under clothing, is the TSA jeopardizing passenger safety?
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Coming Monday: Revamped Podcast Launches With Guest Jim Dwyer
- Rocky Mountain High or Reefer Madness? Legal Pot in Colorado Comes with Risks
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Labor Department Intervenes on Behalf of Hearst Interns
- Brooklyn Man Walks Out of Court, Cleared of Murder After 24 Years in Prison