In HBO’s ‘Too Big to Fail,’ the Heroes Are Really Zeroes
Watch carefully, and you’ll see how the three men who saved the world—Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, NY Fed’s Timothy Geithner, and Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson—get it wrong again and again and again.
Enticed by profits and bonuses, Wall Street took advantage of complicated mortgage-based instruments to reap billions, only to exacerbate the eventual crash.
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Rocky Mountain High or Reefer Madness? Legal Pot in Colorado Comes with Risks
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- How the Labor Department Has Let Companies Off the Hook for Unpaid Internships
- Labor Department Intervenes on Behalf of Hearst Interns