Financial Ties Bind Medical Societies to Drug and Device Makers
Professional groups like the Heart Rhythm Society write guidelines on treatments and the use of medical devices, but researchers say their acceptance of sponsorships and grants from drug and device makers poses a conflict of interest that many patients never consider.
ProPublica is tracking the financial ties between doctors and medical companies.
Latest Stories in this Project
- Why Pharma Payments to Doctors Were So Hard to Parse
- Vying for Market Share, Companies Heavily Promote 'Me Too' Drugs
- Methodology for Calculating Company Payments to Doctors
- Dollars for Dudes: Almost No Women Among Medical Industry's Top-Paid Speakers, Consultants
- $1.1 Billion in Drug, Device Payments to Doctors Not Included in New Federal Database