Financial Ties Bind Medical Societies to Drug and Device Makers
Professional groups like the Heart Rhythm Society write guidelines on treatments and the use of medical devices, but researchers say their acceptance of sponsorships and grants from drug and device makers poses a conflict of interest that many patients never consider.
ProPublica is tracking the financial ties between doctors and medical companies.
Latest Stories in this Project
- What to be Wary of in the Govt's New Site Detailing Industry Money to Docs
- What We've Learned From Four Years of Diving Into Dollars for Docs
- Government Will Withhold One-Third of the Records from Database of Physician Payments
- Glitch Prompts Temporary Shutdown of Pharma Payment Verification System
- Podcast: What to Look for in Federal Release of Payments From Big Pharma