Financial Ties Bind Medical Societies to Drug and Device Makers
Professional groups like the Heart Rhythm Society write guidelines on treatments and the use of medical devices, but researchers say their acceptance of sponsorships and grants from drug and device makers poses a conflict of interest that many patients never consider.
ProPublica is tracking the financial ties between doctors and medical companies.
Latest Stories in this Project
- Government Will Withhold One-Third of the Records from Database of Physician Payments
- Glitch Prompts Temporary Shutdown of Pharma Payment Verification System
- Podcast: What to Look for in Federal Release of Payments From Big Pharma
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- Leaders of Teaching Hospitals Have Close Ties to Drug Companies, Study Shows
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- More Data to Be Withheld from Database of Physician Payments
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter