The NSA Black Hole: 5 Basic Things We Still Don’t Know About the Agency’s Snooping
The recent leaks have shed light on one of the darkest corners of the U.S. government—but when it comes to mass surveillance practices, clarity remains elusive.
ProPublica investigates the threats to privacy in an era of cellphones, data mining and cyberwar.
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- Government Will Withhold One-Third of the Records from Database of Physician Payments
- What to Look For In Dueling Autopsies of Michael Brown
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- Q&A: The Hidden Costs of Tobacco Debt
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter