NY Fed Fired Examiner Who Took on Goldman
Lawyer Carmen Segarra said she was pressured to change her finding that the way Goldman Sachs managed conflicts of interest was flawed.
A confidential report and a fired examiner’s hidden recorder penetrate the cloistered world of Wall Street’s top regulator — and its history of deference to banks.
Latest Stories in this Project
- High-Level Fed Committee Overruled Carmen Segarra’s Finding on Goldman
- Top Fed Policy Group Brought Up Leak to Private Newsletter
- Leak at Federal Reserve Revealed Confidential Bond-Buying Details
- New York Fed Chief Stands Firm Against Charges of Weak Oversight
- Federal Reserve Announces Sweeping Review of Its Big Bank Oversight