Obama Administration’s Drone Death Figures Don’t Add Up
Administration officials often claim few or no civilian deaths from drone strikes in Pakistan, but are their own accounts consistent?
This article is part of an ongoing investigation:
ProPublica is covering the U.S.' expanding – and often secret – targeted killing program.
Latest Stories in this Project
- 6 Months After Obama Promised to Divulge More on Drones, Here’s What We Still Don’t Know
- Drone Makers Gather to Defend Their Much-Maligned Machines
- Does the U.S. Pay Families When Drones Kill Innocent Yemenis?
- Who Are We at War With? That’s Classified
- Boy’s Death in Drone Strike Tests Obama’s Transparency Pledge
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- Beyond Ratings: More Tools Coming to Pick Your Doctor
- Rocky Mountain High or Reefer Madness? Legal Pot in Colorado Comes with Risks
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- Brooklyn DA Moves to Free Man after Long-Buried Evidence Surfaces
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Brooklyn Man Walks Out of Court, Cleared of Murder After 24 Years in Prison
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups