Raising Cain: When Is a Scoop Ready to be Published?
One thing missing from Politico’s scoop on Herman Cain’s alleged sexual harassment: the underlying facts.
This article is part of a series:
A column by ProPublica's editors.
Latest Stories in this Project
- Paying Jabbar Collins $10 Million Doesn’t Address Problems With Prosecutors
- A Closer Look: Three Golden Ages of Journalism?
- Why Reporters in the U.S. Now Need Protection
- How the New Yorker’s Ryan Lizza Became a Mistaken Poster Boy for Obamacare
- How the Feds Could Fix Their Glitchy Health Care Exchange
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- More Data to Be Withheld from Database of Physician Payments
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter