Raising Cain: When Is a Scoop Ready to be Published?
One thing missing from Politico’s scoop on Herman Cain’s alleged sexual harassment: the underlying facts.
This article is part of a series:
A column by ProPublica's editors.
Latest Stories in this Project
- Paying Jabbar Collins $10 Million Doesn’t Address Problems With Prosecutors
- A Closer Look: Three Golden Ages of Journalism?
- Why Reporters in the U.S. Now Need Protection
- How the New Yorker’s Ryan Lizza Became a Mistaken Poster Boy for Obamacare
- How the Feds Could Fix Their Glitchy Health Care Exchange
Our Hottest Stories
- How Wall Street Tobacco Deals Left States With Billions in Toxic Debt
- Q&A: What Can U.S. Health Care Learn from the Ebola Outbreak?
- Report: Drillers Illegally Using Diesel Fuel to Frack
- Leaked Docs Show Spyware Used to Snoop on U.S. Computers
- Government Will Withhold One-Third of the Records from Database of Physician Payments
- What to Look For In Dueling Autopsies of Michael Brown
- Illinois Suspends Medical License of Leading Prescriber of Antipsychotic Drugs
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- Q&A: The Hidden Costs of Tobacco Debt
- Pro-Troop Charity Shoots Back