American Pain Foundation Shuts Down as Senators Launch Investigation of Prescription Narcotics
Sens. Baucus and Grassley demand evidence of financial support from the drug industry to nonprofit groups that advocate use of opioid painkillers, including the newly defunct American Pain Foundation.
ProPublica is tracking the financial ties between doctors and medical companies.
Latest Stories in this Project
- Why Pharma Payments to Doctors Were So Hard to Parse
- Vying for Market Share, Companies Heavily Promote 'Me Too' Drugs
- Methodology for Calculating Company Payments to Doctors
- Dollars for Dudes: Almost No Women Among Medical Industry's Top-Paid Speakers, Consultants
- $1.1 Billion in Drug, Device Payments to Doctors Not Included in New Federal Database