The Champion of Painkillers
The annual death toll from overdoses of painkillers has reached almost 15,000, prompting the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to term it an “epidemic.” But the American Pain Foundation continues to claim the risks are overblown. The advocacy group’s biggest supporter? The drug industry.
ProPublica is tracking the financial ties between doctors and medical companies.
Latest Stories in this Project
- Why Pharma Payments to Doctors Were So Hard to Parse
- Vying for Market Share, Companies Heavily Promote 'Me Too' Drugs
- Methodology for Calculating Company Payments to Doctors
- Dollars for Dudes: Almost No Women Among Medical Industry's Top-Paid Speakers, Consultants
- $1.1 Billion in Drug, Device Payments to Doctors Not Included in New Federal Database