The Champion of Painkillers
The annual death toll from overdoses of painkillers has reached almost 15,000, prompting the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to term it an “epidemic.” But the American Pain Foundation continues to claim the risks are overblown. The advocacy group’s biggest supporter? The drug industry.
ProPublica is tracking the financial ties between doctors and medical companies.
Latest Stories in this Project
- Government Will Withhold One-Third of the Records from Database of Physician Payments
- Glitch Prompts Temporary Shutdown of Pharma Payment Verification System
- Podcast: What to Look for in Federal Release of Payments From Big Pharma
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- Leaders of Teaching Hospitals Have Close Ties to Drug Companies, Study Shows