The Expendables: How the Temps Who Power Corporate Giants Are Getting Crushed
America is now dotted with “temp towns” – places where it’s difficult to find blue-collar work except through a temp agency and where workers often suffer lost wages, no benefits and high injury rates.
The growth of temp work following the Great Recession is harming workers and burdening the economy as a whole.
Latest Stories in this Project
Our Hottest Stories
- In Desegregation Case, Judge Blasts School Officials and Justice Department
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- U.S. Taxpayers Are Subsidizing Defense of Alleged Killers of Palestinian Teen
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Why Are Obstetricians Among the Top Billers for Group Psychotherapy in Illinois?
- Fanny Pack Mixup Unravels Massive Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- New York State to Pay Millions in Wrongful Conviction Case
- Senator Asks OSHA About Temp Worker Buried Alive In Sugar