Marcus Stern Discusses the Obama Administration’s Immigration Policies
With more than 10 million undocumented citizens living in the United States and a limited amount of government funding budgeted to deport 400,000 of them, how do you determine who stays and who goes?
On this week's podcast, ProPublica senior reporter Marcus Stern discusses the Obama administration's shift in focus from returning all undocumented immigrants to deporting "the worst of the worst." Stern talks about the recent policy changes, why local law enforcement officials have been more involved in immigration issues and why Congress has been unable to enact comprehensive immigration reform.
Articles related to this podcast:
Our Hottest Stories
- In Desegregation Case, Judge Blasts School Officials and Justice Department
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma