Marcus Stern Discusses the Obama Administration’s Immigration Policies
With more than 10 million undocumented citizens living in the United States and a limited amount of government funding budgeted to deport 400,000 of them, how do you determine who stays and who goes?
On this week's podcast, ProPublica senior reporter Marcus Stern discusses the Obama administration's shift in focus from returning all undocumented immigrants to deporting "the worst of the worst." Stern talks about the recent policy changes, why local law enforcement officials have been more involved in immigration issues and why Congress has been unable to enact comprehensive immigration reform.
Articles related to this podcast:
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- What to Look For In Dueling Autopsies of Michael Brown
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- Q&A: The Hidden Costs of Tobacco Debt
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter
- More Data to Be Withheld from Database of Physician Payments