Marcus Stern Discusses the Obama Administration’s Immigration Policies
With more than 10 million undocumented citizens living in the United States and a limited amount of government funding budgeted to deport 400,000 of them, how do you determine who stays and who goes?
On this week's podcast, ProPublica senior reporter Marcus Stern discusses the Obama administration's shift in focus from returning all undocumented immigrants to deporting "the worst of the worst." Stern talks about the recent policy changes, why local law enforcement officials have been more involved in immigration issues and why Congress has been unable to enact comprehensive immigration reform.
Articles related to this podcast:
Our Hottest Stories
- Privacy Tools: How to Block Online Tracking
- U.S. Taxpayers Are Subsidizing Defense of Alleged Killers of Palestinian Teen
- Aggressive Tactic on the Fracking Front
- Dispatches From Freedom Summer
- Fanny Pack Mixup Unravels Massive Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Pentagon Finally Decides to Dig Up Remains of Long Lost Soldier
- New York State to Pay Millions in Wrongful Conviction Case
- Senator Asks OSHA About Temp Worker Buried Alive In Sugar