Marcus Stern Discusses the Obama Administration’s Immigration Policies
With more than 10 million undocumented citizens living in the United States and a limited amount of government funding budgeted to deport 400,000 of them, how do you determine who stays and who goes?
On this week's podcast, ProPublica senior reporter Marcus Stern discusses the Obama administration's shift in focus from returning all undocumented immigrants to deporting "the worst of the worst." Stern talks about the recent policy changes, why local law enforcement officials have been more involved in immigration issues and why Congress has been unable to enact comprehensive immigration reform.
Articles related to this podcast:
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- MIA In The War On Cancer: Where Are The Low-Cost Treatments?
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups