Piecing Together the French Terror Attacks
On the latest podcast, ProPublica senior reporter Sebastian Rotella talks to us about Mohammed Merah, the accused French terrorist who was killed after a standoff with French authorities.
Merah was suspected of killing three off-duty paratroopers, and three children and a rabbi at a Jewish school. On Wednesday, March 21, Merah was tracked down to an apartment in Toulouse and killed after a gun battle with French anti-terrorism police.
Rotella, who was based in France and has written extensively on terrorism plots and attacks in Europe and the rest of the world, shared his insights into how Merah evaded French intelligence officials, how he carried out the attacks with precision and whether he acted alone or in concert with others.
Our Hottest Stories
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- New York City Will Pay $10 Million to Settle Wrongful Conviction Case
- More Data to Be Withheld from Database of Physician Payments
- In California, Some Efforts to Toughen Oversight of Assisted Living Falter