Podcast: Aloha, Mike Webb
For this week’s podcast, we wanted to give a special tribute to our vice president of communications, Mike Webb, as he leaves ProPublica to start a new chapter in Hawaii.
Mike has been with ProPublica for five years – since our second story – and has played a crucial role in our success, from crafting key media partnerships and launching our first public event to managing our ever-hopeful softball team (go, Impact!). He joins us for one last time in the Storage Closet Studio to talk about his favorite ProPublica investigations and the daily life in the ProPublica Comms Department.
And, because Mike can’t stop promoting ProPublica, here are links to the investigations he mentions in this episode:
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- MIA In The War On Cancer: Where Are The Low-Cost Treatments?
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- Judge Tosses Retaliation Lawsuit by Fired N.Y. Fed Examiner