Podcast: Aloha, Mike Webb
For this week’s podcast, we wanted to give a special tribute to our vice president of communications, Mike Webb, as he leaves ProPublica to start a new chapter in Hawaii.
Mike has been with ProPublica for five years – since our second story – and has played a crucial role in our success, from crafting key media partnerships and launching our first public event to managing our ever-hopeful softball team (go, Impact!). He joins us for one last time in the Storage Closet Studio to talk about his favorite ProPublica investigations and the daily life in the ProPublica Comms Department.
And, because Mike can’t stop promoting ProPublica, here are links to the investigations he mentions in this episode:
Our Hottest Stories
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- Campus Sexual Assault: What Are Colleges Doing Wrong?
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer