It's looking like we have moved from the crash to the bubble and skipped the economic recovery.
John Breit was a physicist who went to Wall Street and learned to throw out his math models. He managed risk for Merrill Lynch by developing sources of human intelligence on the trading desks and among the executives.
A devastating Senate report on JPMorgan's London Whale trading debacle reveals that banks and regulators have learned few if any lessons from the financial crisis.
A lawsuit over Bank of America's mortgage portfolio could cost the bank tens of billions more than it had planned, prompting critics to say the bank has not set aside enough for a settlement.
To advise him on tax policy, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid hires from a corporation infamous for avoiding taxes, while a bank regulator and a Beltway consulting firm swap top officials.
How a tiny tax on financial transactions could raise revenue and help the capital markets.
Lawsuit suggests employees across Morgan Stanley understood the housing market was in trouble and exploited that knowledge to bet against securities and unload garbage investments on the unsuspecting. The bank denies wrongdoing.
The same critics who assailed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are now attacking the Federal Housing Administration. They were wrong then and they are wrong now.
About The Trade
Recent Stories by Jesse Eisinger
- BlackRock Doesn’t Need A Scarlet Letter
- The Justice Department’s Foreign Aggression
- Valeant’s Sugar Coating Helps its Acquisitions Go Down
- The Buck Stops With Obama on Tepid Financial Reform
- Seeking Tough Justice, but Settling for Empty Promises
- The Rise of Corporate Impunity
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
Our Hottest Stories
- In Desegregation Case, Judge Blasts School Officials and Justice Department
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Are Patient Privacy Laws Being Misused to Protect Medical Centers?
- Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Even After Open Enrollment, Activity Remains Unexpectedly High on Federal Health Insurance Exchange
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma