A draft bill from Sens. Corker and Warner to fix Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac has serious flaws that could make the plan unworkable.
The recent vote to keep Jamie Dimon as CEO and chairman of JPMorgan shows why the corporate governance movement won't work when it comes to Big Banking.
Yes, hedge funds have been wrong about inflation and rising interest rates. But they aren't wrong that the Fed has a credibility problem.
A new bi-partisan bill proposes to raise capital standards at the biggest banks. Their paid shills are whining but the arguments don't hold water.
It's looking like we have moved from the crash to the bubble and skipped the economic recovery.
John Breit was a physicist who went to Wall Street and learned to throw out his math models. He managed risk for Merrill Lynch by developing sources of human intelligence on the trading desks and among the executives.
A devastating Senate report on JPMorgan's London Whale trading debacle reveals that banks and regulators have learned few if any lessons from the financial crisis.
A lawsuit over Bank of America's mortgage portfolio could cost the bank tens of billions more than it had planned, prompting critics to say the bank has not set aside enough for a settlement.
About The Trade
Recent Stories by Jesse Eisinger
- The Fed Hates To Burst Your Bubble
- The Sorry State of Bank Apologies
- Big Investors Push for Auditors to Sign Financial Statements
- Mary Jo White was Supposed to Turn Around the S.E.C. She Hasn’t.
- Does Valeant’s Cost-Cutting Go Too Far?
- BlackRock Doesn’t Need A Scarlet Letter
- The Justice Department’s Foreign Aggression