Yes, hedge funds have been wrong about inflation and rising interest rates. But they aren't wrong that the Fed has a credibility problem.
A new bi-partisan bill proposes to raise capital standards at the biggest banks. Their paid shills are whining but the arguments don't hold water.
It's looking like we have moved from the crash to the bubble and skipped the economic recovery.
John Breit was a physicist who went to Wall Street and learned to throw out his math models. He managed risk for Merrill Lynch by developing sources of human intelligence on the trading desks and among the executives.
A devastating Senate report on JPMorgan's London Whale trading debacle reveals that banks and regulators have learned few if any lessons from the financial crisis.
A lawsuit over Bank of America's mortgage portfolio could cost the bank tens of billions more than it had planned, prompting critics to say the bank has not set aside enough for a settlement.
To advise him on tax policy, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid hires from a corporation infamous for avoiding taxes, while a bank regulator and a Beltway consulting firm swap top officials.
How a tiny tax on financial transactions could raise revenue and help the capital markets.
About The Trade
Recent Stories by Jesse Eisinger
- Mary Jo White was Supposed to Turn Around the S.E.C. She Hasn’t.
- Does Valeant’s Cost-Cutting Go Too Far?
- BlackRock Doesn’t Need A Scarlet Letter
- The Justice Department’s Foreign Aggression
- Valeant’s Sugar Coating Helps its Acquisitions Go Down
- The Buck Stops With Obama on Tepid Financial Reform
- Seeking Tough Justice, but Settling for Empty Promises
Our Hottest Stories
- How Wall Street Tobacco Deals Left States With Billions in Toxic Debt
- Q&A: What Can U.S. Health Care Learn from the Ebola Outbreak?
- Report: Drillers Illegally Using Diesel Fuel to Frack
- Leaked Docs Show Spyware Used to Snoop on U.S. Computers
- Government Will Withhold One-Third of the Records from Database of Physician Payments
- What to Look For In Dueling Autopsies of Michael Brown
- Illinois Suspends Medical License of Leading Prescriber of Antipsychotic Drugs
- The Best Reporting on Federal Push to Militarize Local Police
- Q&A: The Hidden Costs of Tobacco Debt
- Pro-Troop Charity Shoots Back