Update April 25, 2011: On Sunday night, a number of news outlets and WikiLeaks published a trove of classified documents on detainees at Guantanamo Bay. ProPublica has been reporting on Gitmo and the issues surrounding indefinite detention for more than two years. In October 2010, Dafna Linzer revealed how the Obama administration censored one federal judge's Gitmo decision that had questioned the government's evidence against a detainee.
Safeguard the public interest.
Support ProPublica’s award-winning investigative journalism.
- Detainee Assessment: Uthman al-Rahim
- Justice Department Report on Waterboarding Memos, July 29, 2009
- John Yoo's Response to the 2009 Justice Dept. Report on Waterboarding Memos, Oct. 9, 2009
- Jay Bybee's Response to the 2009 Justice Dept. Report on Waterboarding Memos, Oct. 9, 2009
- Testimony by Attorney General Eric Holder (PDF), before the Senate Judiciary Committee, June 17, 2009
- Remarks on National Security, by President Barack Obama, on May 21, 2009
- Executive Order: Closure Of Guantanamo Detention Facilities, by President Barack Obama, Jan. 22, 2009
- Executive Order: Review of Detention Policy Options, by President Barack Obama, Jan. 22, 2009
- Combatant Status Review Tribunals/Administrative Review Boards, Department of Defense
- Summary of the High Value Terrorist Detainee Program (PDF), Office of the Director of National Intelligence, Sept. 6, 2006
- Biographies of High Value Detainees (PDF), Department of Defense
Our Hottest Stories
- Segregation Now
- MIA In The War On Cancer: Where Are The Low-Cost Treatments?
- Long After Sandy, Red Cross Post-Storm Spending Still a Black Box
- Even After Doctors Are Sanctioned or Arrested, Medicare Keeps Paying
- Shake-Up Inside Forensic Credentialing Org
- The U.S. Government: Paying to Undermine Internet Security, Not to Fix It
- Republicans Say No to CDC Gun Violence Research
- Meet the Doctor Who Gave $1 Million of His Own Money to Keep His Gun Research Going
- What Newly Released Docs Tell Us About the IRS and How It Handles Dark Money Groups