Update April 25, 2011: On Sunday night, a number of news outlets and WikiLeaks published a trove of classified documents on detainees at Guantanamo Bay. ProPublica has been reporting on Gitmo and the issues surrounding indefinite detention for more than two years. In October 2010, Dafna Linzer revealed how the Obama administration censored one federal judge's Gitmo decision that had questioned the government's evidence against a detainee.
Safeguard the public interest.
Support ProPublica’s award-winning investigative journalism.
- Detainee Assessment: Uthman al-Rahim
- Justice Department Report on Waterboarding Memos, July 29, 2009
- John Yoo's Response to the 2009 Justice Dept. Report on Waterboarding Memos, Oct. 9, 2009
- Jay Bybee's Response to the 2009 Justice Dept. Report on Waterboarding Memos, Oct. 9, 2009
- Testimony by Attorney General Eric Holder (PDF), before the Senate Judiciary Committee, June 17, 2009
- Remarks on National Security, by President Barack Obama, on May 21, 2009
- Executive Order: Closure Of Guantanamo Detention Facilities, by President Barack Obama, Jan. 22, 2009
- Executive Order: Review of Detention Policy Options, by President Barack Obama, Jan. 22, 2009
- Combatant Status Review Tribunals/Administrative Review Boards, Department of Defense
- Summary of the High Value Terrorist Detainee Program (PDF), Office of the Director of National Intelligence, Sept. 6, 2006
- Biographies of High Value Detainees (PDF), Department of Defense
Justin Elliott on how his conflicts-of-interest investigation was aided, not hindered, by the state’s denial of his Freedom of Information request and a source’s Twitter attacks. Listen »
Our Hottest Stories
- In Desegregation Case, Judge Blasts School Officials and Justice Department
- Meet the Online Tracking Device That is Virtually Impossible to Block
- California Halts Injection of Fracking Waste, Warning it May Be Contaminating Aquifers
- U.S. Taxpayers Are Subsidizing Defense of Alleged Killers of Palestinian Teen
- What We Learned Investigating Unpaid Internships
- Who Advised Cuomo on Mortgage Industry Investigation? A Mortgage Lobbyist
- Why Are Obstetricians Among the Top Billers for Group Psychotherapy in Illinois?
- New York State of Fracking: A ProPublica Explainer
- Fanny Pack Mixup Unravels Massive Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Error: You Have No Payments from Pharma