ProPublica Media Kit
ProPublica Advertising Acceptability Policy
ProPublica began accepting advertising, and offering sponsorships of its emails, in 2011.
In connection with those moves, we have developed the following advertising acceptability guidelines.
First, ProPublica reserves the right to accept or decline any advertisement or sponsorship it is offered.
ProPublica will decline to accept advertising that it knows or believes to be misleading, inaccurate, fraudulent or illegal, or that fails to comply, in ProPublica’s sole discretion, with its standards of decency, taste or dignity.
ProPublica, like all quality publishers of original journalism, maintains a clear separation between news and advertising content. Advertising that attempts to blur this distinction in a manner that, in ProPublica’s sole judgment, confuses readers will be rejected.
Safeguard the public interest.
Support ProPublica’s award-winning investigative journalism.
Learn About ProPublica
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica and Coalition of News Organizations Launch 'Documenting Hate'
- Peter Gosselin to Join ProPublica to Investigate Aging Issues
- ProPublica Announces Paul Sagan as New Board Chairman
- ProPublica to Expand with State-Based ‘ProPublica Illinois’ Unit
- Andrew Revkin to Join ProPublica as Senior Reporter on Climate Change
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)