ProPublica Seeks Two More Reporters and a Blogger
New York, N.Y. (Sept. 30, 2009)—ProPublica today announced that it is seeking to hire two additional investigative reporters, and invited applications for the jobs. Applicants will be considered from any specialized or generalist investigative reporting background, but ProPublica is especially interested in applicants focused on energy and environment, education or immigration, said Stephen Engelberg, managing editor of ProPublica. Both of the reporters to be hired will be based in ProPublica’s New York office; compensation will be commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should send their resume to email@example.com.
ProPublica is also looking for a full-time blogger, who will write about investigative journalism by others and suggest follow-ups. People interested in applying for this job should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The available jobs are the result of a ProPublica reporter becoming a senior editor and two other staffers relocating from New York for personal reasons.
“We feel very fortunate to be able to hire given the current economic environment,” said Paul Steiger, editor-in-chief of ProPublica. “While we’re open to hearing from all talented investigative reporters, we’ve identified some key areas in which we’d like to bolster our expertise.”
ProPublica is an independent, non-profit newsroom that produces investigative journalism in the public interest. With the largest news staff in American journalism devoted solely to investigative reporting, ProPublica is supported entirely by philanthropy and provides the articles it produces, free of charge, both through its own Web site and to leading news organizations selected with an eye toward maximizing the impact of each article.
For more information, please visit ProPublica.org/jobs.
Safeguard the public interest.
Support ProPublica’s award-winning investigative journalism.
Learn About ProPublica
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- ProPublica to Host Talk with VICE News Journalist Jason Leopold at Rutgers University
- Rob Weychert to Join ProPublica as Editorial Experience Designer
- Forums at Washington Univ. & New America to Focus on ProPublica’s “Color of Debt,” Policy Solutions
- Celeste LeCompte Named ProPublica’s Director of Business Development
- Annie Waldman to Cover Education for ProPublica