“Alternative Facts” Journal from Abrams Books Will Benefit ProPublica
The immortal phrase “Alternative Facts,” coined by presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway to defend the claim that President Donald Trump’s inauguration drew the largest crowds in history, is now the title of a blank book, available for sale beginning today. And ProPublica stands to benefit. Abrams Books has published the journals, with the words “Alternative Facts” foil-stamped across the cover – and blank pages for recording your own thoughts. Royalties from sales of the journals are being donated to ProPublica by Abrams.
The first company in the United States to specialize in publishing art and illustrated books, Abrams creates and distributes critically acclaimed works in areas including, art, photography, comics, entertainment and popular culture.
"The great thing about 'alternative facts' is that you can just make them up to suit your needs, with no need for research or verification,” said Richard Tofel, president of ProPublica. “We're delighted that the good folks at Abrams have made it possible for people to commit their alternative facts—or any other musings—to paper. For us at ProPublica, the royalties from these notebooks will strengthen our ability to report out real facts, and to share them with the American people.”
You can purchase the “Alternative Facts” journal here, or in bookstores and other stores near you.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- Reporter Ken Armstrong to Join ProPublica
- ProPublica Illinois Announces More Hires
- ProPublica Illinois Announces Additional News Hires
- ProPublica Hires Reporter Hannah Dreier to Cover Immigration
- ProPublica Illinois Builds News Staff with Three Noted Journalists
- ProPublica Hires Reporter Isaac Arnsdorf to Cover the Trump Administration
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.