Dial In for Dialysis Info
Update: To join the call, please dial (866) 672-8584 and then use this conference ID #: 37529137.
Late last year, ProPublica released dialysis clinic performance data that the government had been collecting but, with few exceptions, had never made public. ProPublica's Dialysis Tracker allows patients to search for a clinic and see how it compares to others on 15 different measures, ranging from mortality rates and hospitalization to transplants rates and infection control.
Consumers were the immediate beneficiaries because our dialysis series gave them access to material that could help them make more informed decisions about their treatment. And media outlets were able to use data to produce their own news reports about dialysis care.
Since the series started, several reporters and members of the renal community have asked questions about the data and how they can use it. To answer these questions, and any others our readers might have, senior editor Robin Fields will host a conference call on Thursday, Jan. 20 at 3 p.m. Eastern / 12 p.m. (noon) Pacific. Fields will walk participants through the ways they can use the dialysis data -- whether it be for reporting, research, policy analysis or your own health. The call will cover how this data set goes beyond what has previously been available and she'll discuss ideas for further reporting on this issue.
If you would like to join the call, sign up now and next week, we'll send you the number to call.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.