Introducing the First Ever Vox-ProPublica Video Fellow
Back in May, following a pastry-fueled brainstorm session, our newsrooms announced a partnership: the Vox-ProPublica Video Fellowship, a yearlong position for a video producer, embedded in Vox’s team and producing work fueled by ProPublica’s reporting. We’d take ProPublica’s deep-dive investigative reporting and work with Vox’s first-rate video storytelling team to convey the work in new and different ways.
Today, we’re pleased to announce our fellow: Ranjani Chakraborty. She has worked as a news and documentary video journalist for outlets including Al Jazeera, National Geographic and NBC News. She’s produced short social videos, feature documentary segments, and also has drawn the cool icons on her website. Her work largely focuses on social justice and inequality, and her reporting has taken her all over — from across the U.S. to India to the Subarctic. She’s also passionate about finding new ways to combine smart video storytelling with complex (and, yes, sometimes long) investigative reporting.
“We’re always looking for new ways to reach people with our journalism. And that’s why partnership with Vox is incredibly exciting. After talking with Ranjani, seeing her creativity, listening to her talk about storytelling, we couldn’t be more thrilled for her to be the first Vox-ProPublica video fellow and to take on this role,” Terry Parris Jr., ProPublica’s engagement editor, said.
“Ranjani has the perfect mix of experience in reporting, shooting, editing, and visual art that will make for the extraordinary, unique, and deeply reported work both Vox and ProPublica are known for. We can’t wait to start in,” added Joe Posner, Vox’s executive producer.
Ranjani starts on Aug. 7. We can’t wait to share what she’ll make with us.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Illinois Hires Vignesh Ramachandran as Web Producer
- Steve Mills to Join ProPublica Illinois as Deputy Editor
- Peter Elkind and Nick Varchaver to Join ProPublica Staff
- Reporter Ken Armstrong to Join ProPublica
- ProPublica Illinois Announces More Hires
- ProPublica Illinois Announces Additional News Hires
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.