Join Us for ProPublica’s First Live Event
In an ever-evolving ecosystem of news reporting and delivery, an important question is still being considered and debated: Will long-form stories go unread in a generation that relies on 140 characters to get their news? To answer this question, ProPublica and The New School are bringing together leading journalists from multiple media platforms to explore the challenges and opportunities this new reality presents to our craft, to news delivery and to public discourse.
Join us for a public discussion titled Long-Form Storytelling in a Short Attention Span World, featuring:
Ira Glass, Host and Producer, This American Life
David Remnick, Editor, The New Yorker
Raney Aronson-Rath, Series Senior Producer, Frontline
Stephen Engelberg, Managing Editor, ProPublica
Moderated by Alison Stewart, Co-Anchor, Need To Know
The event will be held on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 7 p.m. at Tishman Auditorium (66 West 12th Street, near 6th Avenue). The discussion is free and open to the public. Seats are available on a first come, first served basis, so get to the venue early! Please RSVP and let us know you are coming (but please note an RSVP does not entitle you to a seat). You can RSVP on our Facebook event page.
Details will follow on how you can watch and participate if you're outside of New York City.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Expands Its Data Sales Business, Announces New Partnerships With Investigative Reporters and Editors and New York Daily News
- Daniel Golden to Join ProPublica as Senior Editor
- ProPublica and Coalition of News Organizations Launch “Electionland”
- ProPublica, Virginian-Pilot Convening Asks: Has Agent Orange Hurt the Children of Vietnam Vets?
- ProPublica, University of Virginia to Host Talk About Reporting on Rape
- ProPublica to Host Washington, D.C. Forum on Nation’s Broken Patient Safety System
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.