ProPublica Finalists Named in Business and Data Journalism Awards
The UCLA Anderson School of Management has announced that four ProPublica projects are finalists for its 2014 Gerald Loeb Awards, one of the most prestigious honors in business journalism:
"Life and Death in Assisted Living" - A.C. Thompson, Jonathan Jones and Hanna Trudo, ProPublica; Carl Byker, Katie Taber and Kate McMahon, Frontline
Personal Finance Category
"Debt Inc." - Paul Kiel, ProPublica and Mitchell Hartman, Marketplace
The finalists were chosen from more than 480 entries submitted this year. Winners in the 14 categories will be announced during the Loeb Awards banquet on June 24.
ProPublica also had 13 finalists in the Global Editors Network's Data Journalism Awards, more than any other newsroom, which included individual portfolios from news applications developers Al Shaw and Lena Groeger, as well as some of our most popular projects, including Dollars for Docs, ER Wait Watcher and China's Memory Hole.
This year's Data Journalism Award winners will be announced on June 12 during the DJA Ceremony at the GEN Summit 2014. Congratulations to all the finalists for both awards.
ProPublica in the News
- ProPublica Finds a Side Effect of Transparency -- and is Transparent About What it Found
- It's Time for News Organizations to Embrace Creative Commons
- Two Rival Reporters Team Up to Produce One Incredible Story
- Keep the Flame Lit for Investigative Journalism
- How National News Organizations Can Help Strengthen Local News Networks
- Click Here to Become a Source: Crowdsourcing in Journalism Gets a Boost
Latest Press Releases
- ProPublica Illinois Builds News Staff with Three Noted Journalists
- ProPublica Hires Reporter Isaac Arnsdorf to Cover the Trump Administration
- ProPublica, New York Daily News Win Pulitzer Prize for Public Service
- ProPublica, CPJ Host 'Dateline-Saigon' Screening & Talk on Holding Government Accountable
- ProPublica Illinois Partners with “Beyond Caring” Play on Chicago Temp Workers
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.