ProPublica Finalists Named in Business and Data Journalism Awards
The UCLA Anderson School of Management has announced that four ProPublica projects are finalists for its 2014 Gerald Loeb Awards, one of the most prestigious honors in business journalism:
"Life and Death in Assisted Living" - A.C. Thompson, Jonathan Jones and Hanna Trudo, ProPublica; Carl Byker, Katie Taber and Kate McMahon, Frontline
Personal Finance Category
"Debt Inc." - Paul Kiel, ProPublica and Mitchell Hartman, Marketplace
The finalists were chosen from more than 480 entries submitted this year. Winners in the 14 categories will be announced during the Loeb Awards banquet on June 24.
ProPublica also had 13 finalists in the Global Editors Network's Data Journalism Awards, more than any other newsroom, which included individual portfolios from news applications developers Al Shaw and Lena Groeger, as well as some of our most popular projects, including Dollars for Docs, ER Wait Watcher and China's Memory Hole.
This year's Data Journalism Award winners will be announced on June 12 during the DJA Ceremony at the GEN Summit 2014. Congratulations to all the finalists for both awards.
ProPublica in the News
- 100 great things about America
- How ProPublica changed investigative reporting
- In Praise of ProPublica
- Making a market: How ProPublica blends news that wins Pulitzers with news that wins followers
- Scott Klein: News apps don't just tell a story, they tell your story
- ProPublica's outreach a welcome step toward "open-source" journalism
Latest Press Releases
- Daniel Golden to Join ProPublica as Senior Editor
- ProPublica and Coalition of News Organizations Launch “Electionland”
- ProPublica, Virginian-Pilot Convening Asks: Has Agent Orange Hurt the Children of Vietnam Vets?
- ProPublica, University of Virginia to Host Talk About Reporting on Rape
- ProPublica to Host Washington, D.C. Forum on Nation’s Broken Patient Safety System
- ProPublica Will Run Campaign Finance API with Updates in Real Time
- ProPublica to Host Talk with VICE News Journalist Jason Leopold at Rutgers University
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, May-August 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Report on Form 990, 2014 (PDF)
- 2014 Financial Statements for Pro Publica, Inc. (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, January-April 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
- Report to Stakeholders, September 2014 (PDF)
Get Our Data and Reporting Tools
We frequently publish data, and reporting tools like tipsheets and guides.